Sunday 23 February 2014

NATURAL LEMSIP

I'm sure our UK readers are familiar with Lemsip, the very famous hot drink for cold and flu. Here's a natural version without artificial colours, sweeteners or other nasties.

We were all sick last week one after another so I've been drinking this to the point where it's coming out of my ears .

In the original recipe this is made with a juicer, I don't have one for the moment so I used a blender instead. It makes the drink a little thicker, but the result is pretty much the same and actually you still have all the fibre left from the fruits.

 You need:

  • 1 Golden Delicious apple (I only had red apples this time hence the pink colour)
  • small chunk of fresh ginger (approx. 2 cm)
  • 1/2 organic lemon
  • 1-2 tea spoons of Manuka honey
  • 1/2 cup hot water

Juice the apple, ginger and lemon in a juicer (or blend them in a blender until smooth). Leave the lemon peel on. Half-fill a mug and top it up with hot water. Make sure the water is not boiling so it doesn't destroy the vitamins and the effect of honey. Add honey, stir and sip.

Heidi x






No comments:

Post a Comment