Sunday 6 October 2013

34


We had a really lovely Sunday lunch today at a Mayfair restaurant called 34. I did a post about it in my old, Finnish blog a while back but I want it to be archived in my restaurant recommendations over this side too so here we go again. It is firmly one of my favourites especially for a Sunday lunch. They do an absolutely incredible roast beef! It's also a great place for dinner. In addition to amazing food (beef really is what they do best) the decor is cosy and comfortable, which creates a great atmosphere plus they have a piano bar at the other end of the restaurant too.



I normally have either the beetroot, walnut and blue cheese salad or the chopped salad but this time I went for a prawn and herb one. I would recommend what I normally have over this one even though the prawns were very tasty and so was the salad if you're into... herbs! Lots of tarragon.



I opted out of the roast this time as I wanted something lighter so I went for the tuna, which was great too. But I do have to mention it one more time; their roast beef on Sundays is incredible and my absolute first recommendation although you do need to be properly hungry for it. (I should have just had my usuals shouldn't I for the pictures?)




They are nice to the kiddies too and bring them colouring pencils and paper. If you're a Londoner or visiting London do book for Sunday lunch or a dinner. I have no doubt you will enjoy it.

Hope you all had a great weekend. Ours was so nice and relaxing and even the baby seems to be back to her normal sleeping routine so we're all well rested. Right, I'm getting back to Gone Girl now... although I'm watching the US X-Factor at the same time so not sure how many pages I'll manage to get through! :-)

 
Minna x

7 comments:

  1. seems delicious besides you have a great blog !
    i like it a lot

    hope you had a nice weekend ?

    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Coline, I'm happy to hear you like it! Thank you very much for your comment.

      Delete
  2. Ps. Really sorry I accidentally pressed "delete" instead of "publish" for a couple of comments... apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiitos taas mukavan tuntuisesta ravintolavinkistä! Meillä on taas muistilistalla niin monta ravintolaa Lontoosta, että emme taida ehtiä kaikkiin kun koko ajan ei voi vain syödä. :) Tämä voisi olla kyllä hyvä valinta sunnuntaille. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lontoosta on viimesen kymmenen vuoden aikana tullut maailman paras ravintolakaupunki! Runsauden pula vaivaa jos mikään :-) Varatkaa ihmeessä teidän sunnuntaille!

      Delete
  4. Kiitos, Minna, suosituksesta! Täytyypä varata pöytä joku sunnuntai...ihana, kun on tälläinen "ravintolasuosituspalvelu" :).
    Ihana tää sun uusi blogisi, vaikka ei vanhassa mitään vikaa ollut :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moikka Jatta! Kokeilkaa, luulen, että tykkäätte kyllä. Ja kiitos, kiva kuulla :-)

      Delete